Portland, Oregon, United States
I have a passion for how we interact and communicate, especially online and with new technologies. I especially love using my skills to improve communication for nonprofit organizations that do so much good in the world.
I have been a freelance communications specialist since 2006. My business is a single person operation.
Here’s just a bit of what we can cover in our PivotPlanet sessions:
• How to structure a communications plan based on an organization’s overall goals
• How to conduct nonprofit marketing campaigns using free and affordable tools
• How to evaluate a website's success
• How to gauge a website's effectiveness using heuristic or user-based usability testing
• How (and when) to deploy and support a private online community
• And anything else you want to ask about the profession I love!
I work with nonprofit organizations, helping them get their message out to the world. This can include web design, usability testing, website evaluation, social media strategies, writing and designing e-mail newsletters and managing online communities.
Everyone has some kind of social media presence, but many are created without much attention to how the community will be engaged and supported. I work with agencies to develop a plan to consistently communicate their purpose via social media.
I help clients assess the usability of their websites and teach them how to determine goals and track the progress toward those objectives. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on team and project workflow. I am happy to share what I know about this with you.
I thrive on the opportunity to work with new and different people on solving problems. All work, really, just comes down to next steps. You accomplish anything, great or small, by determining the next step, taking it, and repeating it until the objective is met.