Munich, Bayern, Germany
The e-learning industry has been growing for years. Countless reports, surveys, and studies have shown an increasing number of individuals, corporations, and institutions are turning to e-learning as they recognize its effectiveness and its convenience. Furthermore, the Covid-19 crisis has caused it to leap exponentially, as some have seen the crisis as an opportunity to reach an even greater number of users through digital platforms.
My more than 15 years of experience in online language teaching have led me, in the last eight years, to train teachers and create specific content and materials for this kind of teaching.
If you are looking to become an online language teacher, this is a bit of what we can cover in our PivotPlanet session(s):
• How to begin the process of becoming an online teacher.
• How to find clients, both as direct students or as schools.
• What rates are real and up to date for online language lessons
• What specific skills you need to have to become an online teacher.
• Which specific features have the different niche markets.
• What training, certificates and courses help you become an online language teacher.
• Starter kit for teaching online: hardware and software.
• How to write a resume and apply previous job skills to teaching.
• Where to find specific materials for online language teaching.
If you represent a company that wants to introduce, or update its course program to the online model, I can support you:
• with finding teachers that really work on online platforms.
• in the adaptation of traditional contents for online sessions.
• in defining a program that effectively deliver the wow factor.
• with logistical issues: necessary hardware and software, online platforms, spaces, settings, lights...
Contact me and let's talk about it!
I grew up bilingual, and have studied a total of five languages. Language teaching and learning are my passion. But I also need my freedom, that’s why online language teaching is my dream job. I can really do it anywhere and any time it suits me and my students. I only need to have my laptop and an Internet connection with me.
I have usually taught from my home office, while staring at my green garden, but I have also taught from a hut in the Alps while staring at the mountains covered in snow, or even from a hotel room by the sea. Teaching online gives you so much freedom.
I am currently a teacher trainer, I teach them to communicate well online to get to empathize with students and that these at the end of the sessions leave with the feeling that in their learning curve has been a clear upward movement.
But I also teach them more earthly issues such as, to work with the camera, digital whiteboards or chat tools at the same time, to plan the sessions, to calculate the times, to prepare the spaces, to adjust the lights.
And I also review them offering constructive feedback and tips for improvement.
I am also author of language learning materials, in the shape of texts, audio files and software exercises and games. In this sense, I have worked for some of the most important language learning publishers in Europe.
English, Spanish, German