Seattle, Washington, United States
Amaka is an avid Security and Privacy professional with strong Compliance background. She strives hard to achieve excellence in all that she has set her mind to accomplish. She is goal oriented and a team player. She has served as a senior consultant in one of the Big 4's (Deloitte) in the security and privacy team, and Lead, IT Enterprise security at United Bank for Africa (UBA). She is currently a Global Information Security Analyst at PACCAR.
She is effective at building culturally diverse, team-centered operating units, with excellent business process and strategy development skills. Demonstrated ability to lead high performing teams known to drive continuous improvements and focus on delivering results for their customers. Her previous role revolves around developing and implementing the enterprise security strategy globally. Her current role involves ensuring consistent security practice throughout her organization’s global operation.
Amaka has an extensive experience in information security ranging from information security Awareness, Risk assessment, Gap analysis, IT security Audit and Compliance, Executive Metrics, Cloud and Mobile Security, Cyber insurance, Vulnerability Management, and Privacy.
Amaka focuses on transforming, implementing and maintaining robust IT security programs. Besides her career pursuit in Information Security and Privacy, she also has a passion for Teaching, Motivational talks and Mentoring.
Who should contact Amaka:
• Considering a career in IT, InfoSec or Privacy
• Need to accelerate your career
• Been out of the corporate world for a while and need some confidence boost
• Thinking of a career in consulting
• Deciding on Information Security Certifications or Education
• Finding a job after Relocation
Here is snippet of what you can cover in your PivotPlanet session(s) with Amaka:
• How to plan and execute career growth and/or a career transition.
• Developing a career plan in IT, Information Security or Privacy
• Reviewing your resume
Amaka’s niche - Creating order out of chaos.
Specialties: Her Areas of Passion Include:
• Security Strategy & Though Leadership
• Security Transformation
• Enterprise & Technology Risk Management
• Regulatory & IT Compliance
• Security Governance, Policy & Standards
• Data Privacy (GDPR)
• Team Building
• Metric and KPI Development
• Third Party Assessment
• Training & Security Awareness
• Roundtable/Panel Moderating & Public Speaking
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
• ISO 27002 Lead Implementer
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• PCIP - PCI Professional
• EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Certified Fraud Examiner